Fractures, Sprains and Strains
Our on-demand urgent care unit requires no prior appointment. It delivers rapid musculoskeletal expertise and attention. Our centre is designed to meet the needs of patients who value the high quality services of an established private hospital and who are seeking prompt treatment.
The Urgent Care Centre is able to treat an array of orthopaedic and traumatic injuries. We have a dedicated team of highly skilled doctors and senior nurses that are expert in assessing, diagnosing and managing sprains, fractures and sports injuries.
We pride ourselves in providing a network of well established, senior private specialist consultants that are available for referral for more complex musculoskeletal injuries.
The diagnosis of a sprain injury is made by a physical examination. In most cases an x-ray of the affected joint is obtained to ensure that there are no fractures. If there is a suspected tear in the ligament or soft tissue, then an MRI is obtained. MRI is usually ordered after swelling has subsided and can readily identify the presence of a ligament injury. An expert follow-up appointment can be arranged if necessary.
- Medical History
- Thorough Clinical Examination
- We have direct access to routine and complex blood tests
Diagnostic Imaging Modalities
- Plain Radiographs
- Ultra Sound Scanning
- Diagnostic Computerised tomography (CT)
- Diagnostic Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Pain relief
- Orthopaedic braces (neck, back, shoulder, elbow wrist, knee, ankle)
- Compression therapy
- Joint immobilisation modalities (plaster of Paris plaster bandages and splinting casts, paddings and stockinette, splints, aircast boot.)
We can also arrange hospital admission, short and long term follow-up through our dedicated orthopaedic trauma and sports medicine consultants.